New Hampshire Commissioner of Agriculture
|New Hampshire Commissioner of Agriculture|
|Office website:||Official Link|
|2013 FY Budget:||$4,925,742|
|Length of term:||5 years|
|Authority:||New Hampshire Statutes, Title XL, Chapter 425, Section 425:1|
|Selection Method:||Appointed by Governor|
|Assumed office:||December 6, 2007|
|Other New Hampshire Executive Offices|
|Governor • Secretary of State • Attorney General • Treasurer • Commissioner of Education • Agriculture Commissioner • Insurance Commissioner • Labor Commissioner • Director of Fish & Game • Public Utilities Commission|
Per Title XL, Chapter 425, Section 425:1 of the New Hampshire Statutes:
There is hereby established a department of agriculture, markets, and food, an agency of the state under the executive direction of a commissioner of agriculture, markets, and food.
Per Title XL, Chapter 425, Section 425:3 of the New Hampshire Statutes, "The commissioner of agriculture, markets, and food shall be qualified by reasons of professional competence, education, and experience."
Per Title XL, Chapter 425, Section 425:3 of the New Hampshire Statutes, the governor, with consent of the council and recommendations of the agricultural advisory board, appoints the Commissioner of Agriculture to a five-year term.
The Commissioner oversees the Department of Agriculture, Markets and Food and is responsible for promoting and protecting agriculture, commerce, consumers and the environment.
The Department of Agriculture, Markets & Food consists of six divisions and two committees:
- Division of Agricultural Development
- Division of Animal Industry
- Division of Pesticide Control
- Division of Plant Industry
- Division of Regulatory Services
- Division of Weights and Measures
- NH Agriculture in the Classroom
- State Conservation Committee
The budget for the Department of Agriculture in Fiscal Year 2013 was $4,925,742.
- See also: Compensation of state executive officers
New Hampshire Department of Agriculture, Markets & Food
PO Box 2042
Concord NH 03302 -2042
State House Annex
25 Capitol Street, Second Floor, Room 220
Concord NH 03301
Telephone: (603) 271-3551
- ↑ New Hampshire Statutes " 425:1 Establishment," accessed December 26, 2012
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 New Hampshire Statutes, "425:3 Commissioner; Compensation," accessed December 26, 2012
- ↑ New Hampshire Department of Agriculture, Markets and Food, "Office of the Commissioner," accessed October 16, 2011
- ↑ New Hampshire Agriculture Department "About Us" Accessed September 6, 2012
- ↑ New Hampshire General Court, "FY 2012-2013 Appropriations Act," accessed April 16, 2013